In this video, we will go over the process of importing a completed job back to our master catalog.
Step by Step:
- Open either your master catalog or the original Lightroom catalog used to submit to ShootDotEdit.
- In Finder/Explorer find the zipped Lightroom catalog you downloaded from the email sent by ShootDotEdit.
- Drag the zipped Lightroom file onto your desktop and double-click to unzip and open.
- The unzipped file will create a folder containing your finished Lightroom catalog
- Go back into Lightroom and the original catalog
- Go to "File/Lightroom" -> "Import from Another Catalog" on the drop down menu.
- In the Dialog box that opens up, navigate to the new finished Lightroom catalog on the desktop. Click on the catalog and select "Choose" on the dialog box.
- As the files begin to sync, a Dialog box will open. Ensure that all of the files are selected in the Catalog Contents box. In the "Replace" bar, select "Metadata and Develop Settings Only" from the drop down menu. Select "Preserve old settings as a virtual copy" if desired. Click "Import".
- The edits will begin to populate in the Lightroom catalog