In the following video, we will go over the process of importing the Shootdotedit catalog into your master catalog in order to send jobs over too us.
Step by Step for importing the Shootdotedit Catalog
- Download the Shootdotedit catalog from the footer of the homepage.
- Locate and open the catalog and import 1 single image.
- In the Libary tab you will see "Collections", locate "My Job" and open the collection set up.
- Open the collection set labeled "Drag and Drop images" under the "My Job" collection set
- Drag your single image into the collections "Cull these", "Keep these during cull", "Color Correct these", "Make these black and white".
- Next go to "File" and then to "Open recent" and select your master catalog.
- Once in your master catalog, select "File" then "Import from another catalog"
- Now select the Shootdotedit catalog you downloaded and imported the single image into.
- In the dialog box prompting you, hit choose to import the image.
- Locate "My job" in your catalog and make sure "Drag and drop images" is there and has our collections there.
Follow the steps below to complete the process.
Step by Step for submitting your job.
- Highlight all of your images
- Open the "Drag and Drop Images" collection under "My Job" to view all of the sorting options for your images
- Drag and drop the images into the appropriate folders, ie: "Color Correct these", "CULL these", etc.
- Once the images have been dropped into the collection, you will see the number of images that the collection contains appear to the right the collection title.
- Export the Catalog by going into the "Folders" area and select the folder containing the images you would like to submit to ShootDotEdit. You can also click "File" and then click "Export as Catalog"
- Right-click the folder and select "Export This Folder as a Catalog"
- In the Dialog window that pops up, rename the catalog as desired and select a place to save it to
- Three options are available at the bottom of the Dialog window: Export Negative Files, Build/Include Smart Previews, and Include Available Previews. Ensure that ONLY Build/Include Smart Previews and Include Available Previews are checked.
- Click "Export Catalog"
- Lightroom will begin to create Smart Previews for every file.