You've got files to send to ShootDotEdit, but the Chrome uploader seems to be having some trouble!
Our Chrome uploader is still in its BETA phase, so it is possible to run into a hiccup now and then! Here are a few easy fixes we have found that solve the majority of upload errors:
- We recommend using the Google Chrome web browser. While the Chrome uploader works on ALL BROWSERS, it is optimized for Google Chrome.
- Upload all files directly from your computer rather than an external drive
- Remove any special characters, like #, &, or +
- Use an ethernet cable instead of wifi for a reliable connection
- Are files zipped together? Try sending files unzipped so Chrome can read and count them for accuracy. NOTE: If using a web browser other than Google Chrome, files WILL need to be zipped.
The Chrome uploader is done uploading my files, but it says it's missing some images. I can't tell which ones to add!
No worries, the Chrome uploader is able to recognize duplicates. This means you can add in all of your files again, and it will pick up where it's left off.
I accidentally uploaded too many files, and now Chrome won't let me verify!
We are currently working on changing this. :) In the meantime, quickly switch over to the Flash uploader to verify your upload, and place the job into production.
The Chrome uploader is giving me a weird error message, or won't let me upload.
The first thing is to check that you are using the Google Chrome web browser, and that your files are not zipped. Feel free to take a screen grab of the error you are seeing, download any error reports, and send them over to email@example.com so we can help troubleshoot! :)