You've got files to send to ShootDotEdit, but the Chrome uploader seems to be having some trouble!
Our Chrome uploader is still in its phase, so it is possible to run into a hiccup now and then! Here are a few easy fixes we have found that solve the majority of upload errors:
- We recommend using the Google Chrome web browser. While the Chrome uploader works on ALL BROWSERS, it is optimized for Google Chrome.
- Upload all files directly from your computer rather than an external drive
- Remove any special characters, like #, &, or +
- Use an ethernet cable instead of wifi for a reliable connection
- Are files zipped together? Try sending files unzipped so Chrome can read and count them for accuracy. NOTE: If using a web browser other than Google Chrome, files WILL need to be zipped.
The Chrome uploader is done uploading my files, but it says it's missing some images. I can't tell which ones to add!
No worries, the Chrome uploader is able to recognize duplicates. This means you can add in all of your files again, and it will pick up where it's left off.
The Chrome uploader is giving me a weird error message, or won't let me upload.
The first thing is to check that you are using the Google Chrome web browser, and that your files are not zipped. Feel free to take a screen grab of the error you are seeing, download any error reports, and send them over to email@example.com so we can help troubleshoot! :)
My files load into the Chrome uploader, but they sit in the queue and will not upload.
Sometimes a popup blocker will prevent your files from uploading to ShootDotEdit! If you find that your files sit in the queue, but do not start uploading. Disable your popup blocker through your web browser for the ShootDotEdit webpage, and restart your upload. :)