Lightroom 5, 6, and CC - Job Preparation Tutorial (Individual Catalog)
Job preparation for ShootDotEdit is the same process in all versions of Lightroom, after Lightroom 5.
1. Open your web browser and navigate to: www.shootdotedit.com
2. Click on the “client login” link at the top right
3. Under already a customer, enter your client ID or the email address on file
4. Enter your password and click “sign in”
5. Under “downloads” click on the ShootDotEdit Lightroom Catalog that corresponds to your version of Lightroom
6. In your downloads folder, locate the “SDE Catalog LR#.zip” file
7. Move the “SDE Catalog LR#.zip” file to your Desktop
8. Double-click on the zip file to unzip it
9. Move the “SDE Catalog LR#.lrcat” file to the folder that contains the images you would like to submit to ShootDotEdit (an external hard drive is NOT recommended)
10. You are welcome to rename the Lightroom Catalog to any naming structure that you are currently using as long as there are NO special characters (& , # , -, _ , etc.).
11. Double-click on the Lightroom Catalog to open it
Note: We recommend placing these in the folder with your original image files (external hard drives are NOT recommended)
12. A new Lightroom Catalog has been opened. Note: here will not be any images in this catalog
13. Click “import” in the bottom left
14. Locate the files you would like to submit to ShootDotEdit
15. Ensure that “Standard Sized Previews” are selected
16. Ensure that “Build Smart Previews” are checked
17. Click “Import”
18. Smart Preview and Standard sized previews will start building, the progress bars will be located in the top left of Lightroom
19. All culling, cropping, keywording can be completed now!
20. Off to the left, about ½ way down the screen you will see a set of collections
21. Click on the arrow to the left of “My Job” to expand that collection set
22. Click on the arrow to the left of “Drag & Drop Images” to expand that collection set as well
23. Select all of the images that you would like to submit to ShootDotEdit and drag and drop them into the “03. Color Correct these” collection
24. You will see the total number of images you would like to submit to ShootDotEdit
25. Select “Lightroom” > “Quit Lightroom”
26. Navigate through your computer to locate the files that you need to submit to ShootDotEdit, they will all be located in the folder where we moved the Lightroom Catalog into (an external hard drive is NOT recommended).
The following files will be submitted to ShootDotEdit:
Standard Sized Preview