In order to use the XMP files, it is necessary to merge/marry them with your original RAW files:
- Download the XMP_Complete.zip file delivered by ShootDotEdit.
- Move the file out of your "Downloads" folder, and to the location of your choice to unzip. After unzipping and opening your completed job's XMP folder, you will see a list of files with the .XMP extension. These file names match your original RAW file names exactly, and store all of ShootDotEdit's adjustments.
- Select all XMPs (Ctrl + A) and Copy them (Ctrl +C)
- Go to the folder that contains your original RAW files and paste (ctrl+V) the XMPs in.
- Select all photos
- Right Click on the photos, select Metadata > Read Metadata From Files
- A pop-up window will appear. Select "Read"
This will rebuild your previews with the new XMP information.