In order to use the XMP files, it is necessary to merge/marry them with your original RAW files:
- Download the XMP_Complete.zip file delivered by ShootDotEdit.
- Move the file out of your "Downloads" folder, and to the location of your choice to unzip. After unzipping and opening your completed job's XMP folder, you will see a list of files with the .XMP extension. These file names match your original RAW file names exactly, and store all of ShootDotEdit's adjustments.
- Select all XMPs (Ctrl + A) and Copy them (Ctrl +C)
- Go to the folder that contains your original RAW files and paste (ctrl+V) the XMPs in.
Once you have verified the 'paste' of the XMP's, open Photoshop Bridge and do the following:
1. SELECT ALL images in the folder that pertain to the XMP's you have just merged.
2. Right-click(or Option-click) your selection
3. Click on "Generate High Quality Thumbnails" (see below)
Don't see the "Generate High Quality Thumbnails" option? CLICK HERE.
Your original RAW images will begin to update to match your Custom Color Profile! All color adjustments are visible and changeable, giving you the autonomy and freedom to make any changes that you would like to make before processing to your final JPG file format.
Looking for instructions on how do do this with Lightroom? CLICK HERE.