IMPORTANT: So that we may deliver on our value promise of consistency, we recommend applying your presets and signature style adjustments after we have returned your completed job.
BEST practices for using your presets with the ShootDotEdit workflow:
- Apply your presets AFTER ShootDotEdit has delivered your completed job.
- If possible, we recommend using presets that do not make adjustments to Lightroom's Basic or Tone Curve panels.
- If not possible, we highly recommend fine tuning your presets in a way that complements the adjustments delivered by ShootDotEdit.
RISKS of using presets with your ShootDotEdit workflow:
When applying your presets BEFORE submitting your job:
- If your preset applies adjustments to the Basics or Tone Curve panels, our color corrections will overwrite your preset adjustments.
- Adjustments outside of these panels may make it impossible for our editing staff to accurately and consistently color correct, based upon your Color Profile.
Applying your presets AFTER ShootDotEdit delivers your completed job:
- Your preset may overwrite the adjustments performed by ShootDotEdit.
Want to learn more about presets and the ShootDotEdit workflow? Check out Jared Platt's awesome presets webinar HERE