Exporting RAW images from Lightroom will become a regular part of your workflow! :) There are multiple reasons why you may want to export your image files out of Lightroom:
- You have culled in Lightroom, but need to send us the RAW selects
- You are done applying your finishing touches to ShootDotEdit's color corrections in your Catalog
- You need to make some changes to your images (renaming, resizing, etc.)
This article will focus on exporting tips and tricks that relate to the ShootDotEdit workflow.
1. In your Lightroom Catalog's Library module, select the images you wish to export
2. Navigate to File > Export...
You can also right-click on your selects and navigate to Export > Export... or use the "Export" button in the lower left corner.
A dialog box will pop open, with lots of options for your export!
Important information/options to check before exporting:
- The top of the dialog box will specify exactly how many images are being exported. Make sure this number is correct! :)
- File naming is important to keep in mind! Any files you send to ShootDotEdit should match the files you intend to work with. Otherwise, our adjustments will not merge. This includes maintaining the same extensions (lowercase or uppercase)
- Image format options allow you to keep your images RAW. Select the Original option.