The ShootDotEdit custom Lightroom Catalog comes pre-built with special collections called "smart collections" (collections with a gear symbol) that automatically tally and organize your job based on selected criteria.
While we developed the SDE smart collections with our top industry pros, there are still some ways to further empower your studio and your Lightroom experience by customizing some studio specific smart folders.
How to Create Custom Smart Collections -
1. Open your SDE Lightroom catalog template
2. Go to the collections panel on the left
- Right click -> "Create Smart Collection"
3. Give it a name
4. Select the criteria you want it to automatically add
Here's an example of how to setup a black white tally collection
1. Create your new smart collection and name it
2. Under Criteria select Treatment
- Smart Collection Criteria -> Develop -> Treatment
3. Select "is" and "black and white"
4. That's it, all greyscale images will now be automatically added to your black and white smart collection.
Don't use greyscale for your black and whites? Change match to "any" and Feel free to add an additional criteria line with the custom black white flag your studio uses.
Congratulations you can now create smart collections to automatically organize your files faster and smarter!