Dear all SDE customers,
Adobe made a big change and announcement regarding their Lightroom CC product. It’s got the professional photography community scratching their heads, and we’re scratching our heads along with everyone, too.
We want to help answer any questions you might have, and so, we’re writing to help bring a bit of clarity to the announcement, specifically, regarding the name changes and what Lightroom versions are and are not currently supported by ShootDotEdit.
It’s important to note that Adobe has changed the names of their Lightroom products:
- **Note: If you update/upgrade your current version, Adobe will automatically change and rename Lightroom CC (2015 version) to Lightroom Classic CC.
- The October 2017 release of Lightroom CC is a new product that is not compatible with earlier versions of Lightroom CC (2015).
LIGHTROOM VERSIONS CURRENTLY SUPPORTED
Below is an update on the Lightroom versions that we do and do not, currently, support:
Yes, we DO support:
- Lightroom Classic 10
- Lightroom Classic CC 7/8/9
Currently, we DO NOT support:
- Lightroom CC (2015) / Lightroom 6.12
- Lightroom 5.7.1
- Lightroom CC (2017 release)** Cloud Based software
- Lightroom 4 and older
ADOPTION OF THE NEWEST VERSIONS
We want you to know our Production and Technology Teams are hard at work reviewing this new addition/upgrade to the Adobe Family, and once testing is complete, our team will make a full announcement to all customers.
If you have any questions whatsoever, our Customer Success team is ready and available to answer your questions via phone and/or email! It’s a privilege to serve this awesome professional community. And, we want you to know that we’re focused on navigating this giant change with and for our customers!