Our Color Wizard is an interactive tool used during each job submission. It allows you to explore ShootDotEdit's Color Profile options, and to customize a Color Profile which will best suit your color correction needs!
How it Works
1. On the Custom Pro Color Details page of your job submission, you will be prompted to create a Color Profile for your event. Click on "Take me to your Color Wizard" to get started!
2. Choose the skin tone which best matches the main subject of your event. It helps to have an image of your main subject handy, to compare to each skin tone model!
Skin tone selection should be based solely upon the skin tone, rather than race, hair color, or eye color. Try focusing on the forehead or the neckline, for reference.
3. Once you've chosen a skin tone, you can begin to fine tune your Color Profile on the left hand side. The Color Profile model will update with each change, to show you exactly what each adjustment looks like
4. Having a hard time choosing between two adjustments? Take advantage of our comparison feature, to look at two Color Profiles side-by-side!
5. Once you've decided on a Color Profile, click on "I want this profile" to close the Color Wizard.
6. Feel free to order a DotPreview, to make sure that this Color Profile will completely support your needs!
Common Questions about the Color Wizard
Do I have to set up a new Color Profile for every new job submission?
The answer: Yes, and no! :) Most customers find fine tune adjustments that work for them every time, and stick to those adjustments for each job. However, it is important to always make sure that the skin tone selection is still accurate!
Other customers prefer to change Color Profiles each time. For example, they may prefer for a portrait shoot at the beach to be brighter and warmer than an evening wedding shot indoors.
I loved my last job's Color Profile, and I have a similar event coming up. I'd like to use that same Profile, but how?
After each job submission, the Color Wizard will save your last-used Color Profile, for reference during your next job submission. Curious about an earlier job's Color Profile? Ask a Color Consultant to give you all the details!
I know exactly what adjustments need to be done in Lightroom to get what I want. How do I communicate that in the Color Wizard?
All color correction preferences are communicated using our Color Profiles. Our editing staff is trained to color correct your work so that the main subject's skin tone matches the Color Profile model's skin tone. Our workflow does not facilitate specific adjustments.
The best action is to match your Color Profile's skin tone to exactly how you want the skin tone in the completed job to look. Feel free to contact a Color Consultant for further assistance! :)