ShootDotEdit is now providing Straightening as a Service! Answers listed below to popular questions!
What is meant by BETA?
- We've spent 7 months planning, building, testing, training, and certifying our production team. We've designed the service to be as close to perfect as possible. BUT, customers will ALWAYS identify areas that can be improved or make the service better. And, that's what BETA is for: a season of learning for our customers at a cost point that is nominal.
When you say "Straightening", do you mean "Cropping" as well?
- "Straightening" as ShootDotEdit defines it does not include or offer a cropping service. Cropping as a Service is a booger (AKA very, very dangerous and extremely difficult to accurately measure for customer expectations).
How much does it cost?
- During the BETA period, the straightening service cost will be nominal: $0.01 per image submitted
- For example: Order our Straightening service with a color correction job of 500 images, the cost will be $5.
How do you decide what images need straightening?
- ShootDotEdit has developed a proprietary method Straightening. We call this the "12 Lines of Reference"TM. This methodology assures best in class accuracy!
- The quick answer is: if it's crooked, we straighten it :)
Is the service available with ALL of the ShootDotEdit workflow options?
- Our Straightening Service is available for Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 5 ShootDotEdit workflows.
- Aperture and Legacy Workflows are not supported.
- Lightroom CC workflows will be supported in early July 2015.
Can I order ONLY Straightening as a service and nothing else?
- At the very least, ordering our Custom Color Correction service is required to order our Straightening service. Thanks for understanding!
Any other questions???
- Don't hesitate to ask our Customer Success Team for help.
- We're available via phone, email, and/or Live Chat!
- We're here to help!